Invotra is thrilled to have been selected as National Savings & Investments’ new intranet provider.
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and around £157 billion invested. NS&I is both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
NS&I contacted Invotra, and received a demo, back in 2018. In March 2019, Invotra was awarded a one year contract.
NS&I’s previous intranet had a dated layout and did not benefit from the latest technology. It became difficult for staff to find content and engage with one another. NS&I wanted a platform that would enable informal collaboration, connecting staff with one another. Key requirements included information sharing, remote working and easy access to business/strategy related information that would help employees to best serve their customers.
The contract with NS&I is on Invotra’s Gold Service for 1 year, initially rolling out to 220 users. The new intranet is due to go live in June/July. Included as part of their service, Invotra has provided a 1 day workshop and 2 days webmaster training for NS&I’s employees.
NS&I now have a flexible intranet platform that fosters engagement and collaboration.
Some key features include:
– Being able to locate colleagues based on skills, interests and responsibilities
– Social applications that drive employee engagement
– @mentioning, hash-tagging, likes and sharing capabilities
– Highly accessible user experience
– Personalised feeds populated with what staff want to see
– Mobile application for staff to engage
– Distributed publishing to decentralise publishing
– The ability to collaborate on documentation
– Engagement with partners and agencies on one centralised platform
As part of Invotra’s Gold Service, NS&I is receiving:
– Managed intranet and portal services, including single sign-on
– A live service desk from 7am-7pm with 24/7 high priority incident management
– A dedicated service manager, including service reporting and monthly reviews
– A dedicated account manager
– Monthly product meetings, including input in to Invotra’s roadmap
– Access to Invotra’s exclusive GOV.invotra portal and an invite to Invotra’s quarterly PanGovernment meetings, both of which are extremely useful for communicating, collaborating and sharing best practice with other central and local government departments