Invotra is delighted to have been named as the WMCA’s intranet provider in February 2019. The WMCA was formed in 2016 as a combined authority for the West Midlands metropolitan county, and is made up of 18 local authorities and 4 Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs).
The WMCA carried out a review of their internal communications and employee engagement in 2018. The review highlighted that the biggest blocker for internal communications and engagement was not having a central communications tool. The WMCA had a growing need for more effective and efficient communication with employees both within the main offices and with external staff.
The WMCA’s contract is for a minimum of six years, with the option to extend for another two years, on Invotra’s Gold Service. The new intranet is due to go live in April 2019, initially rolling out to 600 users. As part of their service, Invotra has provided hands-on interactive webmaster training for employees at the WMCA over a two-day workshop.
The WMCA had some key requirements for their new intranet, all of which Invotra are able to meet:
– Powerful search engine
– Able to pull information from Active Directory
– Social integration – like, comments, share etc.
– The ability to make it mandatory for users to interact with specific pages/announcements – e.g. policies
– Compatible with Active Directory
– Compatible with SharePoint 2013 as well as Office 365
– Accessible on all devices across multiple locations
– Personalisation e.g. ability to design and develop widgets so that users can customise and personalise web pages with preferred features
– System specific analytics with visualisation of data in graph view to measure predefined KPI’s – opens, clicks, goals
– Content governance – user permissions and groups feature
– Ease of use for non-technical editors to manage and maintain content
As part of Invotra’s Gold Service, the WMCA is receiving:
– Managed intranet and portal services, including single sign-on
– A live service desk from 7am-7pm with 24/7 high priority incident management
– A dedicated service manager, including service reporting and monthly reviews
– A dedicated account manager
– Monthly product meetings, including input in to Invotra’s roadmap
– Access to Invotra’s exclusive GOV.invotra portal and an invite to Invotra’s quarterly PanGovernment meetings, both of which are extremely useful for communicating, collaborating and sharing best practice with other central and local government departments