So my first week Invotra has flown past, and what a week it’s been! I’ve been reflecting a little on what I’ve learned so far (although this is only the beginning…)
- Here at Invotra they move fast. Literally, and figuratively. The product is continually evolving, with a number of enhancements in the pipeline (not to mention dodging ping pong balls at my desk!).
- Enabling a Brilliant Civil Service: I spent an interesting couple of days at Civil Service Live, where I got to speak with a number of existing and potential customers. I also got to hear some great advice from communications experts from across UK Government showcasing some brilliant examples of best practice.
- Accessibility is key. I’m going to be hearing, and speaking, a lot more about this. You may have read Fintan’s previous blog about working with Leonie Watson; watch this space for more info!
- Open and honest: Everyone I’ve spoken to here is open, breathtakingly honest, and at least a tiny bit proud of what they do.
- Assimilation is inevitable: On day five, I had my first egg-based lunch. The first of MANY I am sure…
I’ve spent the last ten years in a variety of roles across the marketing mix. Having worked on a number of web projects (both internal intranets and customer facing) I’m looking forward to taking a more holistic approach to support Invotra’s journey within the digital workspace.