Invotra 3.7 Release notes
Date of release: 15 February 2017
With a total of 29 individual tasks in this release, Invotra 3.7 delivered some key new features to the Invotra platform.
We fixed 18 bugs, 2 accessibility enhancements and 3 UX/UI improvements. 1 task which improved our performance, 2 search improvements and 3 security enhancements. Read on to find out about Invotra’s latest enhancements.
3.7 Release Highlights
- Feed made more accessible: The feed is now more user friendly to those using accessibility software.
- People search export: It’s now possible to export people search results as a Webmaster.
- Feed UX improvements: We took on board some feedback from end users and improved the UX on the feed.
- Rename “Productivity” to “Apps” for URL/breadcrumb
As part of the re-naming Productivity to Apps, we have amended the breadcrumbs and URLs to reflect the change.
- Images to fit the width of the gallery
When a gallery is created, the images should now fit the width of the region which the gallery is sitting in.
- Feed messages are now clickable
In the previous release we updated the context of the feed messages, now we’ve made the whole message clickable after listening to customer feedback.
- Hierarchical drop-down is not accessible
We fixed various issues which caused the hierarchical drop-down widget to be inaccessible. This also included merging the search field with the drop-down field.
- My Workplace should be accessible
We amended the semantics and ARIA attributes used in the Feed to improve accessibility.
- Refactor Group AJAX comments callback
We refactored the group ajax callback code for better performance.
- Removing lists from search removes Groups
We fixed an issue where removing the List content type from search would remove Groups from the Group landing page.
- Exporting people search results
It’s now possible to export people search results. Simply run a people search and use the ‘Export’ function on the left hand side. Please note this will only work if you have the latest search pages enabled.
- Fix security issue SA-CONTRIB-2017-009
We updated the Better Exposed Filters module to fix a security issue where taxonomy term descriptions were not sufficiently sanitised.
- Only the author and webmasters should be able to edit messages in message wall
We fixed an issue where people other than the author of a message and Webmasters were able to edit the message.
- Access control broken in private Groups
Organisational users were able to view posts in a private Group they weren’t a member of, we’ve fixed that now.